Sunday, December 22, 2013

Books of 2013

Like last year, I've been keeping track of the books I read using Goodreads.  I've discovered many great books on this site - I highly recommend it!  Also, if you like tracking things and making lists, like I do, you will love the features on this site designed to help you do that.

I read almost double the books I did last year, and continued with a range of nonfiction, literary fiction, sci-fi, speculative fiction, and fantasy.  Unfortunately I still have five books on the go right now, and I probably won't finish them all before New Year's Eve, but I'm quite happy with my progress anyway.

There were many really great reads, but the standouts for me were Hardboiled Wonderland, MaddAddam, Kindred, Middlesex, and The Colour Purple.  Tales of the Dying Earth was a giant disappointment.

Here's the full list:

The Heart Goes Last (Positron, #4)
MaddAddam (MaddAddam Trilogy #3)
Erase Me (Positron, #3)
Ask For It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want
Woman Rebel: The Margaret Sanger Story
Surface Detail (Culture, #9)
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Kindred
Middlesex
1982
Lavinia
The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
A Farewell to Arms
Siddhartha
The Splendid Table's How to Eat Weekends: New Recipes, Stories, and Opinions from Public Radio's Award-Winning Food Show
The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper
The Walking Dead, Book Two
The Walking Dead, Book One
Embassytown
Beloved
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions
Tales of the Dying Earth: The Dying Earth/The Eyes of the Overworld/Cugel's Saga/Rhialto the Marvellous
The Color Purple

No comments: